Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Promised Land


We are all so close right now...close to the Promise Land that Martin Luther King Jr. spoke of 40 years ago. The healing has begun in our nation and as I watch the colors on the map turn to blue, I realize that an Obama presidency not only means the divisiveness is coming to a close but we as a nation can move forward in a progressive fashion to a new world order with Obama at the helm.

Obama has energized the base of the Democratic Party as well as the disenfranchised portions of our population who have finally engaged in the process. He made them believe in hope and change, just like he did with me. Let me be the first to admit that this was not Hillary's time, as much as I would have liked it to be. Right now, America needs a healer who can reach out to all Americans with a true message of change...change from the last eight years of Republican torture. America is ready for this presidency. We've been waiting for this for a long time but now is really Obama's time. I feel proud to say that I voted for him. He truly is, The One.

No comments: