Thursday, July 24, 2008

An Investment in Me


Recently, after much debate and bargaining, my hopeful husband made a large purchase based on his blind faith in my writing talents. As I stare at the brand spanking new laptop computer, I wonder if I really have the chops to handle such a new piece of complicated hardware. He seems to believe that I have a screenplay or two in me or at least a few publishable short stories, yet I balk at the thought of writing for fun. I write for myself to exhaust my raging thoughts, expelling the mounting stress of everyday life.
I've decided to take the month of August and spend at least two hours a day on this screenplay. I'm confident in my abilities, at least for this particular fleeting moment in my life, and honestly believe that I can keep an audience entertained for at least 15 or 20 minutes. The rest of the time is going to be filler my friends...LOL!
Wondering what the story is about? Well, I suppose we'll just have to speak once the trailer is released! That's the goal people. I need to produce, shop it around to agents and then sell sell sell! If Diablo Cody, an ex-stripper, can pen JUNO, I am starting to catch the fever of blind faith in myself and wage a war of words on this expensive diggity-doo computer.
More to follow.

No comments: